John Latter

Default Where to get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver?

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/8p...roof-torx-bits

but I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't
have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
mrcheerful

"John Latter" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/8p...roof-torx-bits

but I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't
have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

Any car shop will sell a set of tamper resistant bits including t20 torx,
the set is about 8 pounds or so, screwfix also sell them, I wouldn't be
surprised if b and q have them, but their website is such pants you would
not find it online.

mrcheerful

.

In article , John Latter
writes
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/8p...roof-torx-bits

but I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't
have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

Our local tool shop does them (DJ Evans, Bury St Edmunds), do you a
local Aladdin's cave?
--
..
Set Square

John Latter wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/8p...roof-torx-bits

but I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't
have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

In my experience, you can often snap off the little tamper resistant 'tit' -
and then use a standard torx screwdriver.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Ian Stirling

Set Square wrote:
John Latter wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under ?6 (of which nearly
?4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/8p...roof-torx-bits

but I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't
have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

In my experience, you can often snap off the little tamper resistant 'tit' -
and then use a standard torx screwdriver.

Or in combination with just the right size of flat bit, you can often
just use it to wedge the screwdriver into two of the corners, and open it
that way.

Keith G. Powell

"." wrote in message
In article , John Latter
writes
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/8p...roof-torx-bits

but I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't
have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

Our local tool shop does them (DJ Evans, Bury St Edmunds), do you a
local Aladdin's cave?
--
.

Yesterday, in Maplin(Leicester), I saw a comprehensive mixed set of security
bits only for £6 or 7 (I think).

Keith G. Powell

John Latter

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:29:52 +0000, John Latter
wrote:

Thanks Dave, Keith, Set Square and Ian!

I live in Dover which doesn't have much in the way of hardware stores
- but I'll try the pound shops and also have a bash at breaking the
center tips off & trying a flat blade screwdriver.

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
Dave

I live in Dover
What about Machine Mart in Deal???

Dave in Rochester :-)

John Latter

On 22 Jan 2005 02:23:43 -0800, "Dave"
wrote:

I live in Dover
What about Machine Mart in Deal???

Dave in Rochester :-)

Thanks Dave - I'll have a look!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
raden

In message , John Latter
writes
wrote:

Thanks Dave, Keith, Set Square and Ian!

I live in Dover which doesn't have much in the way of hardware stores
- but I'll try the pound shops and also have a bash at breaking the
center tips off & trying a flat blade screwdriver.

Have you tried Halfords?

--
geoff

John Latter

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:50:11 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , John Latter
writes
wrote:

Thanks Dave, Keith, Set Square and Ian!

I live in Dover which doesn't have much in the way of hardware stores
- but I'll try the pound shops and also have a bash at breaking the
center tips off & trying a flat blade screwdriver.

Have you tried Halfords?

That's an idea Raden - thanks!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
mike

In article ,
John Latter wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?
The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolstation.com/

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?closeUp=92461

£4.63 inc postage for a set of 32 bits.

HTH
John Latter

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:18:22 GMT, mike wrote:

In article ,
John Latter wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has
the center tamper resistant/security hole?
The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly
£4 is p&p) at:

http://www.toolstation.com/

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?closeUp=92461

£4.63 inc postage for a set of 32 bits.

HTH

Excellent Mike, they'll probably be the ones I get - thanks!