gerry mcallister

Default worcester heatslave 9-24

I have the above combi boiler. To the best of my central heating
knowledge it is a 'sealed' system.

I want to fit a new radiator in place of an existing one. The plumbing
bit i can handle, i.e the physical joining of the pipework. But i am
unsure how to go about the draining / refilling of the system. Does
anyone know this boiler and / or have any advice or hints?

Thanks in advance.
Gerry
gerry mcallister

gerry mcallister wrote:
I have the above combi boiler. To the best of my central heating
knowledge it is a 'sealed' system.

I want to fit a new radiator in place of an existing one. The plumbing
bit i can handle, i.e the physical joining of the pipework. But i am
unsure how to go about the draining / refilling of the system. Does
anyone know this boiler and / or have any advice or hints?

Thanks in advance.
Gerry

As i seem to have no takers with the above question as it may be too
'boiler specific' could anyone give me a general idea of any potential
pitfalls or problems with draining a sealed system and filling it back
up... do i lock off all of the rads so that i dont drain them? should i
add inhibitor while i am at it? do i need to turn the gas off to the
boiler?

Thanks
Gerry
Gerry

gerry mcallister wrote:
I have the above combi boiler. To the best of my central heating
knowledge it is a 'sealed' system.

I want to fit a new radiator in place of an existing one. The plumbing
bit i can handle, i.e the physical joining of the pipework. But i am
unsure how to go about the draining / refilling of the system. Does
anyone know this boiler and / or have any advice or hints?

Thanks in advance.
Gerry

Ok, my question may have been too vague or answered too many times
before. What i really really need to know before tomorrow morning when i
plan to have a go at the job is would you advise an amateur plumber but
competent diy'er to have a go at draining a sealed system? I.E are there
hidden pitfalls that might make me either very wet / poor / angry with
myself???

Thanks

Gerry