Dave

Default Challenge Xtreme Tools

Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Dave

Grunff

Dave wrote:
Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Incredible is right - in the "I can't believe they can call these things
tools" sense.

--
Grunff
Pete C

On 17 Jan 2005 08:34:11 -0800, "Dave"
wrote:

Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Dave

Yes, are there any in particular you're interested in, or just them in
general?

cheers,
Pete.

I had the bad sense to buy a Challenge once, and its been great, very
surprised.

NT

Junior Member

Location: Hull , UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Dave
I bought a challenge cordless drill a couple of months ago. i cant remember how much i paid for it , but it was probably less than it cost me in petrol to get to Argos.
I was VERY surprised with it.

I expected it to be a bit flimsey and fall apart in a week but was shocked to find the build quality to be quite good for such a cheap price.

Old Bill

Dave wrote:
Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Dave

I bought one of their SDS drills 2 years ago.
Didn't expect it to last but its still going strong.
Excellent for many things but esp. good for removing tiles
Junior Member

Location: Hull , UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Dave
Maybe we should have this thread deleted incase some-one from Challenge see it. Their prices will probably double if they see these positive comments.
Pete C

wrote:

Anyone had much experience with these from Argos? There are some
incredible deals at the moment.

Dave

They have some new clearance deals on at the moment, this looks good
VFM:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3151&productId=129604&Trail=C%24cip%3D 21509.DIY%2C%2Bgarden%2Band%2Bpets%3EC%24cip%3D222 44.Clearance%2BDIY%2C%2Bgarden%2Band%2Bpets%3EC%24 cip%3D22336.Clearance%2BDIY%2Bpower%2Btools&catego ryId=22336&clickfrom=name

Proabably best for light to medium DIY use, or if starting out with a
modest budget for tools.

cheers,
Pete.