Warfy

Default Tiling

A 'Quickie"

Is it OK, or can you tile over old tiles, assuming they are not loose etc.,
and what preparation would be needed?

Many thanks
Pete

BillV

"Warfy" wrote in message
A 'Quickie"

Is it OK, or can you tile over old tiles, assuming they are not loose

etc.,
and what preparation would be needed?

Many thanks
Pete

Yes you can. I've done it a couple of times.
Make sure they are thoroughly clean first.
The end result of the kitchens I did (not mine) were quite good but I would
not do it these days.

stuart noble

Yes you can. I've done it a couple of times.
Make sure they are thoroughly clean first.
The end result of the kitchens I did (not mine) were quite good but I would
not do it these days.

Okay until you get to the edges, architrave etc when the double layer looks
naff.

BillV

"stuart noble" wrote in message

Yes you can. I've done it a couple of times.
Make sure they are thoroughly clean first.
The end result of the kitchens I did (not mine) were quite good but I

would
not do it these days.

Okay until you get to the edges, architrave etc when the double layer

looks
naff.

I aggree, I wouldn't have in my own place but the relatives I did it for
were quite happy.
In one case it was for a quick makeover before the place was sold :-)

MBQ

"stuart noble" wrote in message ...
Yes you can. I've done it a couple of times.
Make sure they are thoroughly clean first.
The end result of the kitchens I did (not mine) were quite good but I would
not do it these days.

Okay until you get to the edges, architrave etc when the double layer looks
naff.

The triple layer in my last house looked even worse! No - it wasn't me!

MBQ

Quick tiling questions Bill Gardener UK diy 9 March 3rd 04 11:05 PM
Tiling Question John UK diy 6 August 2nd 03 10:18 AM
Tiling Guides -any recommendations ? John Schmitt UK diy 5 July 14th 03 08:47 AM