Junior Member

Default New gas boiler with microbore

Hi
Im going to change a boiler - the current system is an ideal E type non pressurised system, hot water tank and with microbore feed to radiators. - I would like to install a large combi with a store facility (I suppose I like the idea of instant water and heating only the water I require) - doing away with a leaking hot water tank and header tanks.

Questions
1) Can I use a combi with micro bore?
2) If I can not, is there anything special I need? ie a dam big pump?
3) What happened to the copper hot water tank, is this megaflow thingy the replacement - have you seen the price of those things!!!!!

Thanks for all info

Cameron
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:30:07 +0000, Cameron wrote:

Hi
Im going to change a boiler - the current system is an ideal E type non
pressurised system, hot water tank and with microbore feed to radiators.
- I would like to install a large combi with a store facility (I suppose
I like the idea of instant water and heating only the water I require) -
doing away with a leaking hot water tank and header tanks.

Questions
1) Can I use a combi with micro bore?
2) If I can not, is there anything special I need? ie a dam big pump?
3) What happened to the copper hot water tank, is this megaflow thingy
the replacement - have you seen the price of those things!!!!!

Thanks for all info

Cameron

1) yes
2) see 1
3) They're alive and well and covered with 50mm of blue PU foam.
Used when and where it's appropriate.

I recommend you read the FAQs and decide for yourself whether a combi is
right for you, which you may have done already.

To combi or not to combi is a question not an article of faith.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Junior Member

Many thanks

Cameron
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron
Many thanks

Cameron
R the Ideal 'E' Type. What a wonderful boiler. You'll never again know such a well crafted beast built for longevity. Welcome to the disposable boiler society, fairwel to a Rolls Royce.

Hot water cylinders 117 litres £88 trade at City Plumbing. Why not get a new one?
IMM

"Cameron" wrote in message

Hi
Im going to change a boiler - the current system is an ideal E type non
pressurised system, hot water tank and with microbore feed to radiators.
- I would like to install a large combi with a store facility (I suppose
I like the idea of instant water and heating only the water I require) -
doing away with a leaking hot water tank and header tanks.

Good idea.

Questions
1) Can I use a combi with micro bore?

Yes.

2) If I can not, is there anything special I need? ie a dam big pump?
3) What happened to the copper hot water tank, is this megaflow thingy
the replacement - have you seen the price of those things!!!!!

Get a highflow combi, Alpha CD 50 Worceter Bosch Greenstar 40Kw, etc.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

IMM

"Paul Barker" wrote in message

Cameron Wrote:
Many thanks

Cameron

R the Ideal 'E' Type. What a wonderful boiler. You'll never again know
such a well crafted beast built for longevity. Welcome to the
disposable boiler society, fairwel to a Rolls Royce.

If youn want RR quality today you can get it. Eco-Homtec (MAN), Viessmman,
Quantum (in Burnley).

If you want boioers with a 15 years life span then go to B&Q, and pay
buttons. The B&QW boioers are fine. They do their job well when you
consider the price.

Also what made boilers reliable was the controls, which no boiler
manufacturer makes. I recall the McLaren multi-function control valve, that
was troublesome compared to the Honeywell. In many cases the boilers they
were fitted on were v good, but people slid away from them because of the
controls. In many cases the makers switched to Honeywell, but dumb plumbers
would still not buy the boilers because of the McLaren problems, which no
longer existed.

Hot water cylinders 117 litres £88 trade
at City Plumbing. Why not get a new one?

Get two at that price. Or better still get a W-B combi, 40kW

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM