Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Richard

Default Socket to Hob and Sink - minimum distances please

Presumably there are minimum distances between a mains socket and a
(gas) hob or sink?

I'm in the process of finishing the kitchen re-wire that I started last
year ;-)

The area between the hob and sink is ideal for locating a kettle. In
order to discourage the use of a socket that is too close to the hob and
sink by any items with long cables, could I fit what I call a Euro
socket thus restricting it's use to devices bearing a Euro plug? I
could drastically shorten the kettle lead and fit a Euro plug.

If that is not acceptable could I fit a switched fused cable outlet and
wire my kettle base direct into that?

I am talking about kettles that sit on a base, not those with a cable
attached to the jug.

Perhaps Euro socket is better described as IEC socket? They're the
plugs and sockets on PCs and Hi Fi

TIA

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info