Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris

Default Leaking heating system (feed & expansion cistern drains)

When a plumber was replacing my CW cistern he noticed that the heating
feed/expansion cistern drained and reported that I have a leak in my
heating system.
He said the leak was so bad that it is definitely downstairs as
otherwise there would be obvious damage to the ceiling below.

I have looked all over for the leak, the only place left to check is
under two expensive floors (the floors are raised on joists about 50cm
above the ground).
Before I start damaging expensive floor boards, is there any other
possibility?

One thing that springs to mind is that the HW cylinder could be
leaking water internally (i.e. leaking hot water from the coil into
the tank). Does this sort of thing happen much or am I just graping at
straws?

Any advice much appreciated!
Chris.

Noisey, Airey, Hydrogeny Central Heating system Advice 0mic UK diy 0 December 30th 04 09:49 AM
more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Repair 93 September 7th 04 10:39 AM
How do I descale my central heating system Nick UK diy 4 September 1st 04 09:51 PM
Home Heating System Tom Home Repair 12 December 22nd 03 04:13 PM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM