John Borman

Default Screwfix hand over money before getting goods

Hi, Screwfix still seem to be a bit confused.... Called to send a faulty
extractor fan back they arranged a courier to come and collect it a few days
later but that day the money appeared into my account before even the
courier came to collect the parcel.
Good service I say.

Andrew Mawson

"John Borman" wrote in message
Hi, Screwfix still seem to be a bit confused.... Called to send a

faulty
extractor fan back they arranged a courier to come and collect it a

few days
later but that day the money appeared into my account before even

the
courier came to collect the parcel.
Good service I say.

On the few occassions I've had problems with bits from Screwfix they
have been very good offering a refund or replacement. Latest was a
cheap angle grinder that failed after 10 months - they replaced it and
didn't want the dead one back.

AWEM

Richard

Andrew Mawson wrote:

On the few occassions I've had problems with bits from Screwfix they
have been very good offering a refund or replacement. Latest was a
cheap angle grinder that failed after 10 months - they replaced it and
didn't want the dead one back.

AWEM

They have a minimum value policy below which it is uneconomical to
retrieve even unwanted goods. I bought a £10 pair of bolt croppers
which proved so unwieldy that I asked to return them for a refund.
Screwfix apologised for causing me a problem, refunded my £10 and told
me they didn't want the croppers back as it would cost them more than
their value to retrieve them and process their disposal (or something
like that), They didn't even draw breath before offering the refund.

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
Lobster

Richard wrote:
They have a minimum value policy below which it is uneconomical to
retrieve even unwanted goods. I bought a £10 pair of bolt croppers
which proved so unwieldy that I asked to return them for a refund.
Screwfix apologised for causing me a problem, refunded my £10 and told
me they didn't want the croppers back as it would cost them more than
their value to retrieve them and process their disposal (or something
like that), They didn't even draw breath before offering the refund.

I think they may use this policy discretionarily - I have had it applied
to me on most occasions, but on others they've turned up to collect
trivial items (even an item delivered broken).

I suspect it may depend on your volume of business (ie whether they
trust you and believe you aren't taking the p*ss) or maybe just who
happens to take the phonecall and whether they understand the company
'rules'!

David

easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Home Ownership 0 July 25th 03 09:12 PM