Grimly Curmudgeon

Default A Bike is Born, Triumph Bonne frame coat

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "JBM" saying
something like:

I saw the The Discovery series, A Bike is Born, with Mark Evans,
where he restores a Triumph Bonneville:

He brush painted the frame (I cannot afford powdercoating so I'll be doing
the same),
and he used some nice gloss enamel auto coat.
It was difficult to see on the can the brand of the paint he used, but it
was not Hammerite.
Was something that ended with "*ofte", I believe.

Does anyone have an idea which paint he used?

Thanks, Jan

x-posted to uk.d-i-y, since some very knowledgeable paint bods live
there.

--

Dave

GS 850 x2 / SE 6a
SbS#6 DIAABTCOD#16 APOSTLE#6 FUB#3
FUB KotL OSOS#12? UKRMMA#19 COSOC#10
Frank Erskine

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:47:47 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "JBM" saying
something like:

I saw the The Discovery series, A Bike is Born, with Mark Evans,
where he restores a Triumph Bonneville:

He brush painted the frame (I cannot afford powdercoating so I'll be doing
the same),
and he used some nice gloss enamel auto coat.
It was difficult to see on the can the brand of the paint he used, but it
was not Hammerite.
Was something that ended with "*ofte", I believe.

Does anyone have an idea which paint he used?

Thanks, Jan

x-posted to uk.d-i-y, since some very knowledgeable paint bods live
there.

Not Plastikote, is it?

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Lurch

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:48:08 +0000 (UTC), Frank Erskine
strung together this:

Not Plastikote, is it?

Just what I was thinking. I remeber he used Plastikote on one of the
projects.
--

SJW
Cicero

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "JBM" saying
something like:

I saw the The Discovery series, A Bike is Born, with Mark Evans,
where he restores a Triumph Bonneville:

He brush painted the frame (I cannot afford powdercoating so I'll be

doing
the same),
and he used some nice gloss enamel auto coat.
It was difficult to see on the can the brand of the paint he used, but it
was not Hammerite.
Was something that ended with "*ofte", I believe.

Does anyone have an idea which paint he used?

Thanks, Jan

x-posted to uk.d-i-y, since some very knowledgeable paint bods live
there.

--

Dave

================
It might be 'Tekaloid' which is a good brushing car paint.

Cic.

The Natural Philosopher

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "JBM" saying
something like:

I saw the The Discovery series, A Bike is Born, with Mark Evans,
where he restores a Triumph Bonneville:

He brush painted the frame (I cannot afford powdercoating so I'll be doing
the same),
and he used some nice gloss enamel auto coat.
It was difficult to see on the can the brand of the paint he used, but it
was not Hammerite.
Was something that ended with "*ofte", I believe.

Does anyone have an idea which paint he used?

Thanks, Jan

x-posted to uk.d-i-y, since some very knowledgeable paint bods live
there.

http://www.petersmachines.co.uk/
I know this bloke. If you want an email address ask me nicely and tell
me where to send it :-)

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
It might be 'Tekaloid' which is a good brushing car paint.

Yes. A good brushing cellulose has the benefit that it may be sanded down
after it's hard to remove any brush marks and then compounded to the most
amazing shine.

--
*It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
JBM

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote

http://www.petersmachines.co.uk/
I know this bloke. If you want an email address ask me nicely and tell
me where to send it :-)

Kindly request this email.

Thanks in advance.

Jan B. Madsen