DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fred Dibnah (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/84652-fred-dibnah.html)

Dave Stanton January 1st 05 11:16 AM

Fred Dibnah

Trust we all caught the Fred Dibnah Tribute this morning on BBC2

Dave

Mark Carver January 1st 05 01:47 PM

Dave Stanton wrote:

Trust we all caught the Fred Dibnah Tribute this morning on BBC2

No :-( Didn't get the newspaper until 11:10am. Bugger, second time I've
missed it.

mrcheerful January 2nd 05 12:49 AM

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message

Trust we all caught the Fred Dibnah Tribute this morning on BBC2

Dave

Interesting shows, but what a self-centred old *** he was, and he never
waits to hear the question before saying something. (personal meeting, plus
my opinion of him from his shows)

mrcheerful

BigWallop January 2nd 05 01:59 AM

"mrcheerful ." wrote in message

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message

Trust we all caught the Fred Dibnah Tribute this morning on BBC2

Dave

Interesting shows, but what a self-centred old *** he was, and he never
waits to hear the question before saying something. (personal meeting,

plus
my opinion of him from his shows)

mrcheerful

Yeah, but he can't half tell a good story. :-) Used to love to hear his
stories over a pie and a pint, or two. The rule was always to "never" get
him talking about the tooling he made for his engines, but to get him to
talk about his school days.

raden January 4th 05 09:01 PM

In message , Dave Stanton
writes

Trust we all caught the Fred Dibnah Tribute this morning on BBC2

For some amazing reason, it wasn't on Belgian radio, so I missed it

BTW, anyone who wants a cheap and cheerful way to cross the channel,

http://speedferries.alandiaserverfar.../bkg_first.asp

is worth a look - £50 return, and if I'd booked before the end of 2004,
I would have got a free trip in 2005 (with a £10 charge to change the
dates)
--
geoff