Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Abso

Default Focus DIY's "Who Needs Nails?" - awful stuff..

Arghh.. Just spent far too long struggling to fix a moulded
(polystyrene based) skirting to a plasterboard wall with this useless
stuff. For anyone unfamiliar with it, it's a solvent free adhesive in
the "No More Nails" mould.

Not impressed I'm afraid. It seems to be formulated way too thick.
After struggling to squeeze it out of the tube using a trigger
dispenser, I found that as the skirting was pressed against the wall
the fixative did no more than squidge a bit then allow the skirting to
peel away when the pressure was released. Lying prone in a bizzarre
position with hands, elbow, knees and 1 foot pressing the skirting
against the wall for 10 minutes rewarded me only with backache and a
skirting that still just peels away of its own accord.

Has anyone else had similar problems with this stuff? Is it perhaps
just the Focus DIY own brand that's dire, maybe I need to try a better
brand?

Alternatively, how else can you fix this moulded skirt into position?
It's a natural wood finish (to match a laminate floor), so nailing
isn't an option as I won't be painting over.