DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Re Re mice (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/83141-re-re-mice.html)

Paul Mc Cann December 25th 04 11:56 PM

Re Re mice

WTF is all this about.

How have these b******s managed to hi-jack the email addresses ?

--
Paul Mc Cann

Tony Williams December 26th 04 11:33 AM

In article ,
Paul Mc Cann wrote:
WTF is all this about.

How have these b******s managed to hi-jack the email addresses ?

They seem to being splurged all over Usenet. Notice
the Approved: lines in the headers, which (I think)
is the line that enables them to infest even some of
the moderated newsgroups.

They think it is funny.

When I first came onto Usenet (in early 1997) the
number of pig-ignorant arsewipes that there are
around the world came as quite a surprise.

--
Tony Williams.

The Natural Philosopher December 26th 04 11:40 AM

Paul Mc Cann wrote:

WTF is all this about.

How have these b******s managed to hi-jack the email addresses ?

Easy. Just send an NNTP send with the faked e-mail address.

Look at the path headers though. I thnk teh one from 'me' came via
toscali, whereas I am - for a few days more anyway - on demon.

Ian Stirling December 27th 04 01:02 PM

Tony Williams wrote:
In article ,
Paul Mc Cann wrote:
WTF is all this about.

How have these b******s managed to hi-jack the email addresses ?

They seem to being splurged all over Usenet. Notice
the Approved: lines in the headers, which (I think)
is the line that enables them to infest even some of
the moderated newsgroups.

They think it is funny.

When I first came onto Usenet (in early 1997) the
number of pig-ignorant arsewipes that there are
around the world came as quite a surprise.

Usenet really went down several years before 1997 IMO.
September 93 (when AOL users got a newsfeed) was really bad.

Then in 94, Cantor and Seagull started spamming.