Default Curtains: pre-made: common sizes

Anyone know what the common ready-made curtain sizes are in the UK?

Window size is 234 x 120 cm drop

I think 138 cm (56 inch) drop is a standard size.

Window width is about 96 inch, so I reckon two pre-made curtains of 60
inch width = 120 inchs would be OK.

So I would need a pair of 60 inch x 56 inch drop pre-made curtains. Is
this a common size?

Thanks
Bruce

Thanks, BBC.
Looks like a standard size of 66 in x 54 in drop may be OK.

Bruce

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Looks like a standard size of 66 in x 54 in drop may be OK.

Not sure how they measure them, but curtains that are tight when closed
look cheap. IIRC, 2.5 times the window width is about right.

--
*You can't teach an old mouse new clicks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
nightjar

wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know what the common ready-made curtain sizes are in the UK?

Window size is 234 x 120 cm drop

I think 138 cm (56 inch) drop is a standard size.

137cm - 54" is the closest standard size.

Window width is about 96 inch, so I reckon two pre-made curtains of 60
inch width = 120 inchs would be OK.

That is not much of a gather. The absolute recommended minimum is 1.5 times,
which would be 144" total = 2 x 72" curtains. However, the curtains will
look much better if you use a 90" width

Colin Bignell