sam

Default painting palster walls

Hi All Can I ask some advice? I'm trying to paint over a plaster wall
that has been damp in the past. The cause of the damp was fixed a
couple of months ago but the paint just forms blisters of dry white
powder and leaves the wall looking like the surface of the moon. How
can I stop this? Any tips? Sam

BigWallop

"sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All Can I ask some advice? I'm trying to paint over a plaster wall
that has been damp in the past. The cause of the damp was fixed a
couple of months ago but the paint just forms blisters of dry white
powder and leaves the wall looking like the surface of the moon. How
can I stop this? Any tips? Sam

Choose a paint that is mineral or just alkali resistant. Scrape or sand the
old plaster back until you see the colour shade get slightly lighter. Give
the whole lot two coats of the paint. Job should be a good 'un'.