john kennedy

Default white grouting between tiles

I recently had some tiles put in in my bathroom. I had expected the
space between them to be white and indeed specified this with the
workman. However, after a few weeks the space between them appears to
have turned to a rather black colour which is somewhat offputting. Is
there anything I can do to get them back to their origional colour?
thanks
BigWallop

"john kennedy" wrote in message
m...
I recently had some tiles put in in my bathroom. I had expected the
space between them to be white and indeed specified this with the
workman. However, after a few weeks the space between them appears to
have turned to a rather black colour which is somewhat offputting. Is
there anything I can do to get them back to their origional colour?
thanks

Sounds as though the grout has gone mouldy, so a good proprietary tile
cleaning solution should take this off for you. How the mould has built up
so badly in such a short time is another guess, but I imagine it's because
the room is being left damp after use and needs a vent to create proper air
change for the size of room.

BigWallop wrote:
"john kennedy" wrote
I recently had some tiles put in in my bathroom. I had expected the
space between them to be white and indeed specified this with the
workman. However, after a few weeks the space between them appears

have turned to a rather black colour which is somewhat offputting.

Is
there anything I can do to get them back to their origional colour?
thanks

Sounds as though the grout has gone mouldy

Yep, to me too.

I used a decent grout with Microban within it. Bathroom grout still
white after 12 months ..

P.