Scott

Default Joining 2 single beds - top cover??

OK - this is a little off topic but here goes. Dumping my old kingsize
bed and will be looking at 2 single beds, join them together. Is there a
top cover type thing that can cover both the mattresses and hence I can
get away from having the gap in the centre.?

Scott
S Viemeister

Scott wrote:

OK - this is a little off topic but here goes. Dumping my old kingsize
bed and will be looking at 2 single beds, join them together. Is there a
top cover type thing that can cover both the mattresses and hence I can
get away from having the gap in the centre.?

I've seen that sort of thing advertised in the back of mags like
KitchenBedBath.

Sheila

BigWallop

"Scott" wrote in message
OK - this is a little off topic but here goes. Dumping my old kingsize
bed and will be looking at 2 single beds, join them together. Is there a
top cover type thing that can cover both the mattresses and hence I can
get away from having the gap in the centre.?

Scott

I'd be more worried about getting new sheets or valances to fit this type of
set up.

Mike

"Scott" wrote in message
OK - this is a little off topic but here goes. Dumping my old kingsize
bed and will be looking at 2 single beds, join them together. Is there a
top cover type thing that can cover both the mattresses and hence I can
get away from having the gap in the centre.?

John Lewis do some strong quilted mattress covers. The largest may stretch
over both mattresses.

Owain

"Rob Morley" wrote
| OK - this is a little off topic but here goes. Dumping my
| old kingsize bed and will be looking at 2 single beds, join
| them together. Is there a top cover type thing that can
| cover both the mattresses and hence I can get away from
| having the gap in the centre.?
| I'd be more worried about getting new sheets or valances to fit
| this type of set up.
| Why? UK kingsize is 5' wide, and you can get 2'6" singles.

I don't think a top cover would hold the mattresses together sufficiently
strongly to prevent the gap appearing.

AIUI Italian hotels often use two single beds with mattresses that can be
zipped together when a 'matrimoniale' is required. Possibly hotel bed
suppliers or good department stores in the UK have similar, even if the bed
shops don't.

Owain