Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Rumm

Default Sigh

Steve Firth wrote:

perspective which suggests that eleven years is the maximum that you
should go for and if the wife scolds you should divorce her on the spot.

Rather like the story of old...

A newly married couple are leaving the reception for the long horse and
carriage ride to their new home. After several hours of travel a stray
dog runs into the path of the horse. This spooks it somewhat. The
husband climbs down from the carriage, and after settling the horse,
points a finger at the animal, and with some menace says "Don't do that
again! That is your first warning". They carry on a little further until
some children playing in the street of a village again spook the horse.
The husband again calms the animal, but then tells it "That is you last
and final warning!". They continue their journey for several more miles
until they are within an hour of their new home. It's getting dark and
they are in open countryside. An owl rather unexpectedly makes a loud
noise which again causes the horse to rear up. With that the husband
steps down from the carriage, retrieves a pistol from within his coat,
and calmly shoots the horse between the eyes.

The man's new wife sees this and is beside herself. She shouts at her
husband "I can't believe you just did that, how can you be so callus and
un-feeling, the poor animal was just scared! How are we going to get to
our home now? It is still miles away and we have all this luggage! What
kind of monster have I married?". The man calmly looks at his wife,
points his finger at her, and says "This is your first warning!".

--
Cheers,

John.