mark b

Default Conservatory Roof Glass ?

I've built a timber framed conservatory. The sides are done in 24mm sealed
units, K glass.
I want the roof to have real glass double glazed units.

What spec should the glass be?

Thank you

mark b

Christian McArdle

I want the roof to have real glass double glazed units.

What spec should the glass be?

Mine was something like 4-10-4 toughened, although I'm less sure about the
"10" than the other figures, it might have been 4-14-4 for ceiling, with
4-10-4 for the walls.

Their maximum size was about 600mm wide by 2500mm long. I wouldn't go much
wider or any longer. It was hairy enough getting those sizes installed in
one piece.

Christian.

Nicholas

Mark

I used 4-10-4 toughened on both sides plain glass no argon. My brother has
just built a conservatory and used 6-20-6 toughened on one side and
laminated on the other specially reflective glass argon filled. Mine cost
about £780 to glaze the whole conservatory. He spent £1600 just on the roof
glazing. I'm sure his is better but my family spend all our time out there
and I can't imagine it being better than it is.

Cheers

Nicholas