J. Tailor

Default Cooling fan around oven carcass

Hello,

This flat's fitted kitchen we've moved into has a fitted oven. As well
as its internal fan, it has an external one that seems to be a rotating
cylinder located at the top back corner which blows air forwards over
the top of the oven carcass and out a horizontal slot above the oven
door. Presumably, it helps lessen the minimum space required above the
oven.

Problem is, SWMBO has worked out that quite a bit of dust and fluff is
being blown out of said slot over her newly-cleaned kitchen and is
unimpressed. Removing the kick-board shows that the area behind the
units wasn't cleaned of building/decorating mess and is thick with dust
and cobwebs. Further, there's the odd hole into the floor void where
pipes run through and the external air pressure means you can see the
cobwebs billowing with air from these holes.

I can't stop the fan running, and I can't dismantle the kitchen to clean
it up and block the holes, so SWMBO's probably lumbered, unless anyone's
a bright idea--filter outlet?, but do others notice this problem with
these cooling fans--it's first time we've had one and it seems daft that
they don't arrange the air intake to be clean air, e.g. from the room.

Thanks, Jack.
Ash

"J. Tailor" wrote in message
[...]

There is most likely just two screws behind the oven door holding the oven
in its housing. Just take the oven out and vac around the back of the unit
to clean it up.

Ash

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
J. Tailor writes:
[...]

These fans usually draw thier air from the front and return it to
somewhere else on the front. Are you really sure it draws are from
the back? Built in ovens with cabinet fans usually don't assume there
is any opening other than at the front. Typically, air is drawn in
at the bottom under the door, and expelled at the top above the door.

Secondly, unless there's something stirring up the dust behind, I
really doubt any more is going to get sucked in that way than if
the air intake was at the front. Anyway, cobwebs _are_ filters ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Mary Fisher

"J. Tailor" wrote in message
[...]

She hasn't got a clean kitchen if there's all this mess still in it. From
time to time you have to grit your teeth, gird your loins and move
whatever's hiding dirt - be it large fridge, freezer, washing machine,
dishwasher or range to clean behind and underneath them - if you want to be
clean.

Areas left untouched are likely places for mice or rats to inhabit. Get it
out and let her clean behind it.

Mary
a slut who only cleans such places once a year at most - but doesn't
complain in the meantime :-)

Chris Hodges

Ash wrote:

There is most likely just two screws behind the oven door holding the oven
in its housing. Just take the oven out and vac around the back of the unit
to clean it up.

(Or four screws). This is probably the best option assuming there's
enough slack in the flex.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk