Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ian mayo

Default Is it destructive to heat Wendy House

Hi again all,

we've bought a wendy-house (see separate thread).

I'm considering installing an electrict greenhouse heater (120w or
similar) - both to take the bite out of the cold when the children are
playing in it during the Winter, but also under the (possibly mistaken) idea
that having it on for a couple of hours per day would prolong the life of
the house.

The Wendy-house builder chap warned against use of such a heater, but I
wasn't convinced.... He said that wood likes to be damp, and the drying
effect of the heater would reduce the wendy-house life. If the slow-steady
heat is destructive I'd be happy enough to (safely) fit a convector heater
for the period when the children are actually in there. I just want to
double-check the builder's statement.

So, I'd appreciate any advice on heating my lovely new erection ;-]

Cheers,

Ian.