DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   connecting dishwasher and washing machine to kitchen sink trap (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/7990-connecting-dishwasher-washing-machine-kitchen-sink-trap.html)

the yorkshire dalesman April 17th 04 11:05 PM

connecting dishwasher and washing machine to kitchen sink trap

up to now the dishwasher & washing machine wastes have gone into
untidy, space consuming standpipes.

Arrival of new sink, worktop, etc means I'd like to connect these
wstes directly into the sink trap.

The arrangement will be (left to right) wash m/c - sink - dishwasher.

Is it possible to connect 2 machines into 1 trap this way?

I have seen traps (OSMA brand) with one inlet for a washing m/c, but
not one which which offers 2 inlets, hence the question.

Or some other way of solving the problem?

TIA

Andy Hall April 17th 04 11:12 PM

connecting dishwasher and washing machine to kitchen sink trap

On 17 Apr 2004 15:05:50 -0700, (the
yorkshire dalesman) wrote:

up to now the dishwasher & washing machine wastes have gone into
untidy, space consuming standpipes.

Arrival of new sink, worktop, etc means I'd like to connect these
wstes directly into the sink trap.

The arrangement will be (left to right) wash m/c - sink - dishwasher.

Is it possible to connect 2 machines into 1 trap this way?

I have seen traps (OSMA brand) with one inlet for a washing m/c, but
not one which which offers 2 inlets, hence the question.

Or some other way of solving the problem?

TIA

Yes, Franke make a trap with two spigot inlets.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Terry D April 18th 04 10:26 AM

yorkshire dalesman) wrote:

up to now the dishwasher & washing machine wastes have gone into
untidy, space consuming standpipes.

Arrival of new sink, worktop, etc means I'd like to connect these
wstes directly into the sink trap.

The arrangement will be (left to right) wash m/c - sink - dishwasher.

Is it possible to connect 2 machines into 1 trap this way?

I have seen traps (OSMA brand) with one inlet for a washing m/c, but
not one which which offers 2 inlets, hence the question.

Or some other way of solving the problem?

TIA

Yes, Franke make a trap with two spigot inlets.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

BES supply a double waste fitting, incorporating a non return valve, which
fits directly onto a waste pipe (it's supplied with a cutter). Price is
£3.98. They're also very cheap for hoses, adaptors etc & delivery is fast.

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm

Terry D.