wounded horse

Default less than perfect walls.

I have been stripping off wallpaper with a steamer with a view to finishing
them with emulsion.. However, the walls are less than perfect, being pock
marked all over where the old wallpaper has pulled off old paint in some
places and not others. Is there available a lining paper suitable for
overpainting with emulsion that looks a lot better than the backing paper of
vinyl paper? or do I now have to repaper? I don't care for woodchip at all.

BigWallop

"wounded horse" wrote in message
I have been stripping off wallpaper with a steamer with a view to

finishing
them with emulsion.. However, the walls are less than perfect, being pock
marked all over where the old wallpaper has pulled off old paint in some
places and not others. Is there available a lining paper suitable for
overpainting with emulsion that looks a lot better than the backing paper

of
vinyl paper? or do I now have to repaper? I don't care for woodchip at

all.

Yes there are heavy grade lining papers. When hanging any lining paper, use
a very thin mix of watery wallpaper paste and allow the paper to soak and
stretch for a few minutes before hanging it. This then lets it dry and
shrink again to cover small shallow indents in the walls.