Ed Sirett

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:05:55 +0000, IMM wrote:

"condemned"? Under what grounds? You can only condemn on safety grounds,
not because the boiler is potentially uneconomical for their service
contracts.

Whilst I agree with you that notices should be drawn up only for safety
reasons (as it devalues them if they are used otherwise), there are plenty
of rather arbitary grounds such as 'general condition of the appliance'
available for misuse.

Water leakage is I beleive a common ground but I would have to check what
the risk categroy would be for that.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

raden

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article , Tony Bryer
writes
In article , Capitol wrote:
Luckily, he has a BG service contract otherwise those savings
would have been more than lost in repairs.

Isn't the cost of the service contract greater than the savings?

"I had a Potterton Envoy that was installed by the builder when the
house was new 6 years ago. Problems began six months down the line
and after the warranty ran out, I tried to get a BG service contract
(yes I know!), but BG condemned the boiler and confirmed in writing
that they would not take on a contract."

From a post by one ColinM here 2003-11-24 located through Google
groups. When BG can't make money from a service contract you know
that a boiler is bad news!

Do they cover Suprima's;?......

Yes ... with a wet blanket

--
geoff
raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:00:14 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

he says. "Anything that has electronics in it is going to require more
energy costs in dismantling and disposal of it. Printed circuit boards
all
contain toxic materials, for example, and you'd have to spend extra
energy
in separating out the cadmium and the cobalt and the other heavy

metals."

Que Maxie...

I presume you meant "Cue" there

Maxie, no I meant Que.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "Que" ?

because I don't understand what you are trying to say

Que?

I thought that you were from Milton Keynes, not Barcelona.

So he can't speak Spanish even worse than he can't speak English

DIMM knows he should have typed "Cue" but won't admit that that he
didn't know how to spell it

--
geoff

hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw hacksaw