Sean

Default Adjacent wallbox positioning and steel/chrome sockets query

Got a bit of a problem with the positioning some of the wall boxes in
the kitchen.
I got a very good electrician who set the wall boxes such that there
would be no gaps between adjacent sockets. The problem is that he
spaced the wall boxes for standard white fittings (around 1 inch to 1
1/8 inches between screw holes of neighbouring wallboxes). I neglected
to tell him that I was interested in steel or chrome wall plates and
he has since told me that they will not fit as they have a slightly
larger outer dimension.
Is he right about this or are there some products out there that would
work?
If the worst come to the worst, I'll move the wallboxes to suit but
would prefer not to.

TIA
Sean
richard

Sean wrote:
[...]

He is right and it can be a PITA. Especially if "dual" boxes have been
used for adjacent single gang fittings. You can only fit the white
everyday fittings on these.

You will have to reposition the wall boxes.
--
Richard

Owain

"richard" wrote
| He is right and it can be a PITA. Especially if "dual" boxes have
| been used for adjacent single gang fittings. You can only fit the
| white everyday fittings on these.
| You will have to reposition the wall boxes.

Depends on the faceplates. If they're the domed ones, yes, but if they are
the flat plate style quite popular now, I wonder if it would be possible to
file down the meeting edges of the faceplates enough so they make a butt
joint. Not sure how great it would look though.

Owain