Keith Oliver

Default Garage Door Weatherstrip

I've been searching for a while for a product to seal the bottom of my
Garage door to prevent rain ingress. Found an american product on the web
called stormshield but I've been unable to find a supplier here. Any one
have any ideas where I could buy or make up a similar thing?

Any help much appreciated!
http://usdoorcontrol.com/weatherseal...ormshield.html

Keith

Alex

Most garage door companys should either stock or will obtain this
product.You can try http://www.sussexgaragedoors.com/ if you are in the
south

Keith G. Powell

I've been searching for a while for a product to seal the bottom of my
Garage door to prevent rain ingress. Found an american product on the web
called stormshield but I've been unable to find a supplier here. Any one
have any ideas where I could buy or make up a similar thing?

Any help much appreciated!
http://usdoorcontrol.com/weatherseal...ormshield.html

To keep out leaves, dust and water(?), I have used those foam tubes used to
insulate water pipes. They slide/clip onto to the bottom of the door. They
compress on closing the up and over door.

Keith G. Powell

Peter J Hemmings

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:31:05 +0000, Keith Oliver wrote:

I've been searching for a while for a product to seal the bottom of my
Garage door to prevent rain ingress. Found an american product on the web
called stormshield but I've been unable to find a supplier here. Any one
have any ideas where I could buy or make up a similar thing?

Any help much appreciated!

I had exactly this problem 2 years ago!
I have a metal door which has a slot along the bottom with a thin
rubber strip running in it. This had got worn and split and could not
find any decent rubber seals.

I noticed a row of square holes along
the bottom inside of the door! Went to a decent tool shop and bought
some "captive nuts" which fitted in the holes perfectly.
I had some old strips of aluminium, put some holes in it and
bought a role of 60 by 4mm rubber, Sandwiched it between the door
and strip and it works a treat.

I live near Bristol and there is/was a firm which sold rubber sheeting in
the city centre.

I realise you may not have the same door construction but the principle
may be of help!

http://usdoorcontrol.com/weatherseal...ormshield.html

Keith

Cheers
Keith Oliver

Thanks all, much appreciated. I've adopted Keith P's excellent and cheap,
pipe lagging solution at least till I find something better!

Cheers Keith

Brian Reay

"Keith Oliver" wrote in message
I've been searching for a while for a product to seal the bottom of my
Garage door to prevent rain ingress. Found an american product on the web
called stormshield but I've been unable to find a supplier here. Any one
have any ideas where I could buy or make up a similar thing?

I pop-rivited some plastic damp-proof course material along the bottom of
the door.

Been in place 3 or more years and works a treat- good enough to seal but
free enough to let the electric door opener to work.

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk