N. Thornton

Default Fitted oven

Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

Regards, NT
Andrew Simpson

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

Regards, NT

The one I replaced in my kitchen recently simply sits on the shelf within
the unit and is screwed to the frame of the unit at the front of the oven. A
trim fits neatly around the oven to hide the screws.

HTH.

Andrew.

Al Reynolds

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

Mine has two metal rails attached to the units either
side, and two rails on the sides of the oven. The oven
rails slide in over the unit rails, et voila ... fitted oven.
Some others actually need a housing IIRC.

Al

Alex

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

Mine has two metal rails attached to the units either
side, and two rails on the sides of the oven. The oven
rails slide in over the unit rails, et voila ... fitted oven.
Some others actually need a housing IIRC.

Al

My Stoves oven simply slotted in, then screwed to the carcass from the
front, when the door closed it concealed the screws.

Alex

Rickard Dwiggery

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

Regards, NT

My built under double oven sits on the floor on it's own legs, but single
ovens sit within their own wooden unit.

Rick

John Laird

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:36:16 +0100, "Rickard Dwiggery" nospam@please
wrote:

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
. com...
Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

My built under double oven sits on the floor on it's own legs, but single
ovens sit within their own wooden unit.

What he said. Housing units usually come with an extra-strong shelf to bear
the weight of the appliance.

--
I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong...

Mail john rather than nospam...
N. Thornton

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
. com...

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or
screwed in situ?

Success - thanks to everyone. Now I just got to fix it. New element needed.

Regards, NT
Jerry Built

"N. Thornton" wrote:
How are fitted ovens fixed in?

They sit in units designed to hold them, which units have to be
cut about to allow for proper ventilation - it's not as simple
as pushing the oven into a hole and screwing the face to the
carcass of the unit!

Do they just sit there on the wood?

Wood is a somewhat grandiose term for most kitchens..
--

J.B.
N. Thornton

Jerry Built ] wrote in message news:PTOBPQMJEHMFP5KJLZN3GPH5GINUGBIDPYMEN3PS@zip lip.com...
"N. Thornton" wrote:
How are fitted ovens fixed in?

They sit in units designed to hold them, which units have to be
cut about to allow for proper ventilation - it's not as simple
as pushing the oven into a hole and screwing the face to the
carcass of the unit!

I got it out ok, just trying to get the pesky elephant out now.

Do they just sit there on the wood?

Wood is a somewhat grandiose term for most kitchens..

I know I think theyre designed to need to be replaced.

Regards, NT