R Taylor

Default Teleseal 10 - anyone used it ?

I'm fiting the new bathroom tomorrow and can't decide on which
tile / bath interface sealing system to use. has anyone used this:

http://www.teleseal.co.uk/

look good on paper, wonder how it is round baths and showers.

tia

RT

MikeS

"R Taylor" wrote in message
news
I'm fiting the new bathroom tomorrow and can't decide on which
tile / bath interface sealing system to use. has anyone used this:

http://www.teleseal.co.uk/

look good on paper, wonder how it is round baths and showers.

tia

RT

R.T,

My experience is if the bath has been fitted correctly and is of good
quality. Silicon rubber high modulus sealant shoud have enough flexibility
to cope with any of the bath to wall thermal movement.

One big reservation I have with Teleseal is the corners how are they sealed
is there an overlapping corner piece.

Finally there is a lot more nooks and crannies to clean with Teleseal. If
silicon rubber get soiled or fungi stain it is easily removed and cheap to
replace.

MikeS

R Taylor

MikeS wrote:
"R Taylor" wrote in message
news
I'm fiting the new bathroom tomorrow and can't decide on which
tile / bath interface sealing system to use. has anyone used this:

http://www.teleseal.co.uk/

look good on paper, wonder how it is round baths and showers.

tia

RT

R.T,

My experience is if the bath has been fitted correctly and is of good
quality. Silicon rubber high modulus sealant shoud have enough flexibility
to cope with any of the bath to wall thermal movement.

is the wisdom of brother in law (plumber) but he stick sinks to the wall
with silicone and doesn't bother with screws, claims it's v. effective.

One big reservation I have with Teleseal is the corners how are they sealed
is there an overlapping corner piece.

proper mitred joints, for the purpose of. sealed end caps, too. and I have
to say it does look very neat on paper and in the brochures.

Finally there is a lot more nooks and crannies to clean with Teleseal. If
silicon rubber get soiled or fungi stain it is easily removed and cheap to
replace.

I'll be long gone by the time any mould appears :-)

suppose I'll have to have a punt and see how it goes.

RT

BigWallop

"R Taylor" wrote in message
news
I'm fiting the new bathroom tomorrow and can't decide on which
tile / bath interface sealing system to use. has anyone used this:

http://www.teleseal.co.uk/

look good on paper, wonder how it is round baths and showers.

tia

RT

I prefer the seal strip that you put under the tiles. You fix the edge of
the seal strip, with the holes in it, to the wall and along the roll of the
bath. Then you tile right down and over the fixed edge of the seal strip.
It makes a very neat and tidy finish that doesn't really need any extra gunk
squirted around it.

It's called a Bathe Seal Strip I think.

Richard Sterry

"R Taylor" wrote in message
news
I'm fiting the new bathroom tomorrow and can't decide on which
tile / bath interface sealing system to use. has anyone used this:

http://www.teleseal.co.uk/

look good on paper, wonder how it is round baths and showers.

Can't answer that, I'm afraid. However, one tactic that I have found useful
is to apply the sealant round the edge of the bath while it is full of
water - to simulate the weight of a normal depth of bathwater, plus the
bather. If there is any tendency for the rim to sink under the weight, and
it WILL move at least a little, then you are applying the sealant to the
maximum gap and it will compress slightly when the bath is empty. This, I
believe, is better than applying it to the minimum gap and have it stretch
when the bath is filled.

This worked a treat at my last house, where there was a fair bit of movement
of the rim, and the sealant used to fail relatively quickly if I applied it
when the bath was empty. Applying sealant when it was full was very
successful, and I didn't have to redo the sealant again.

You have to leave the water in the bath until the sealant has cured,
obviously, and it is a bit inconvenient having to lean over a full bath -
you tend to get wet elbows etc.!

HTH

Rick

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Sterry

[...]

I'm just about to purchase Teleseal for an existing bath, and found this forum, and as nobody has anything bad to say, that's reassuring!

The info says it will allow for 10mm of deflection, so the tip above might be academic.