TonyJeffs

Default House extension plans; any examples online?

I'm considering building a 2 storey extension to our 3 bed semi.
Are there any samples of UK house plans online, including sections,
and drainage etc?

Something else that's bugging me: I'd like to do a loft conversion at
the same time, incorporating the bigger roof space, but it seems one
heck of a structural job.
There are the typical 3 major purlins, supporting front back and side
pitches.
Ideally, I imagine I'd remove the side beam, replace the back & front
ones with new rsj's, the full length of 'the orignal plus extended
roof at side',
...but I believe the front roof has to be set back 1 m which makes it
very complicated.

Thanks

Tony
Michael Mcneil

"TonyJeffs" wrote in message

I'm considering building a 2 storey extension to our 3 bed semi.
Are there any samples of UK house plans online, including sections,
and drainage etc?

Have you consiered moving?

The financial aspect alone may be worth it. However, once you add in the
convenience...

Toby

TonyJeffs wrote:
I'm considering building a 2 storey extension to our 3 bed semi.
Are there any samples of UK house plans online, including sections,
and drainage etc?

The local planning office holds copies of other peoples similar plans. You
can't stick them through the photocopier but some councils publish the
applications as pdfs on their websites.

i.e.
http://salisbury.westdorset-dc.gov.u...icensingPortal
and the good, although sparse on plans
http://planning.knowsley.gov.uk

--
Toby.

TonyJeffs

"Toby" wrote in message ...
TonyJeffs wrote:
I'm considering building a 2 storey extension to our 3 bed semi.
Are there any samples of UK house plans online, including sections,
and drainage etc?

The local planning office holds copies of other peoples similar plans. You
can't stick them through the photocopier but some councils publish the
applications as pdfs on their websites.

i.e.
http://salisbury.westdorset-dc.gov.u...icensingPortal
and the good, although sparse on plans
http://planning.knowsley.gov.uk

Thanks - v helpful.
I just made a cut-and-paste fake photo of what our extended house
would look like using PaintShopPro... It looks good, but also makes
it clear what a huge project it is.

Tony