Andrew Seaton

Default Pump Location

Hi,

Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos selectric)
four times. The main issue seems to be that the pump is pulling in air as
well as water, and because it is water-cooled it is overheating. The air is
getting into both the radiators and the hot water pipes (causing
spluttering).We have checked the mounting of the pump, and it is correct as
per the manual.

We recently had a plumber in to see what the problem is - and were told that
the distance between the head and the pump is too small. The current
distance is 2m - and we were told that it needs to be about 6. Is this
right,or is this guy just wanting some money off us when it is another
issue?

The FAQ has little to say about this, so any advice or suggestions would be
gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew Seaton.

_________________
remove obvious to reply via e-mail

Christian McArdle

Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos selectric)
four times.

We gathered.

Christian.

Andrew Seaton

Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos

selectric)
four times.

We gathered.

Over the past 5 Minutes I have posted far too many times

Sorry .. chuffing OE, on the laptop. Silly, Silly Program.

Apologies for the multiple posts ... would still like some advice, though.

Andrew

Ed Sirett

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:01:14 +0100, Andrew Seaton wrote:

Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos

selectric)
four times.

We gathered.

Over the past 5 Minutes I have posted far too many times

Sorry .. chuffing OE, on the laptop. Silly, Silly Program.

Apologies for the multiple posts ... would still like some advice, though.

Try reading all the FAQs first and then see what you still need to find
out.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

geoff

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos selectric)
four times.

We gathered.

Christian.

A post for each replacement?