Owain

"MM" wrote
| I've always been waiting for the Govt to come up with a new Office for
| Effluent, or OfEff.

To judge by the dismal service I experienced in the local council office
this week, I think the clerk had been on a pilot programme run by Higher
Education For Failed Adults Learning Useless Mundane Procedures Slowly.

Owain

Richard Faulkner

In message , MM
writes
Do I have to give any reason? Or are "gut feelings", "warning bells"
enough?

MM

Mike,

If you dont want to buy a house, you merely tell them, with no
obligation to give a reason.

However, it is useful for an agent to be able to give the seller a
reason, and your reasons seem fair enough, ( for you g).

Having read most of the thread, I am not sure whether you are looking
for some reassurance that your concerns are minor, and that it is OK to
buy, or whether you are looking for reassurance that you shouldnt buy.

In my experience, if it doesnt feel right, dont do it. Once bought,
there is no backing out, and you may live to regret not listening to
your instincts.

Whatever you do, make a decision fast, so they can get on with selling
it elsewhere, and you can get on with looking elsewhere.

--
Richard Faulkner
MM

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:25:08 +0000, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

Whatever you do, make a decision fast, so they can get on with selling
it elsewhere, and you can get on with looking elsewhere.

I can't make any final decision until I receive the results of the
enquiries from my solicitor. The results from the local serach have
come back and there is nothing in them to be worried about. But my
solicitor raised a number of points with the vendor's solicitor some
ten days ago and still hasn't received the answers. I am chasing them
up. The general consensus is that there is no 'conspiracy' in any of
the points I had concerns about, but merely the slower pace at which
business is conducted when one is away from the hustle and bustle of
the south-east.

Whatever. I am moving out tomorrow anyway and will be living in
temporary accommodation in the target area. I shall therefore have
ample opportunity to look at other properties before I get to sign the
contract.

MM
Al Reynolds

news
wrote:

Whatever you do, make a decision fast, so they can get on with selling
it elsewhere, and you can get on with looking elsewhere.

I can't make any final decision until I receive the results of the
enquiries from my solicitor. The results from the local serach have
come back and there is nothing in them to be worried about. But my
solicitor raised a number of points with the vendor's solicitor some
ten days ago and still hasn't received the answers. I am chasing them
up.

On our last move, one of the standard questions our solicitor asked
the seller was "Are there any restrictive covenants on the property?"
They took their time, so we got our solicitor to chase up theirs.
When we got the reply back from their solicitor, it simply said "We
don't know what these are."

To this day I am convinced that the seller's solicitor got his secretary
to ring up the seller, ask them the legal questions, then type up the
answers and send them to our solicitor without even looking at them.
You would have thought that a conveyancing solicitor would know
what restrictive covenants were!

Al