Hamie!

Default Do shower pumps HAVE to go on cistern systems?

I have a new loft conversion going in that will have an ensuite with it.
The house has a Megaflow hot water system, and the flow rate is adequate
on the 1st floor, but I'm not sure if the water pressure here will be up
to it for feeding the loft.

Can you get shower pumps that can just be used to boost the flow rate on
a mains pressure system? i.e. to overcome the effect of all that water
trying to climb 7m...

All the ones I've seen so far just assume you've got both hot & cold
water on a cistern...

TIA

Hamish.
The Natural Philosopher

Hamie! wrote:

I have a new loft conversion going in that will have an ensuite with it.
The house has a Megaflow hot water system, and the flow rate is adequate
on the 1st floor, but I'm not sure if the water pressure here will be up
to it for feeding the loft.

If its mains pressure entirely adequate.

Generally its at least 2 bar, and one bar is 30 inches of mercury, or
about 32ft of water...so you should be able to get good flow rates up to
50-60ft above ground level.

Shower pumps (again!) Graeme UK diy 6 March 17th 04 01:40 PM
Running power shower pump off normal HW cistern? Rob Nicholson UK diy 21 December 28th 03 06:39 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
Showers, pumps and hot water systems Mark Webb UK diy 0 August 18th 03 11:35 AM