Andrew McKay

On 06 Nov 2004 19:13:36 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Him and Peel in nearly the same week.
The world is poorer.

Certainly is.

Andrew

--

If you need help with those general DIY projects
you can give me a call. More information about

http://www.handymac.co.uk
IMM

"Terry S" wrote in message
TV steeplejack Fred Dibnah, 66, has
lost his three-year fight against
cancer only weeks after filming his
final television series.

Bolton-born Mr Dibnah, who became an
unlikely celebrity, spurned treatment
to tour the UK on a traction engine as
part of a 12-part BBC Two series.

Mr Dibnah cancelled all engagements in
September after he was taken ill during
filming Made In Britain.

He died on Saturday surrounded by
friends and family at Bolton Hospice.

Very sad. Wonderful man. He did wonders to preserve our industrial
heritage.

Zadok

Sad news indeed. I remember reading that Fred would rather jump off
one of his chimneys than go through a long illness. I'm not surprised
he wanted to carry on working and refused treatment. He will no doubt
be examining the construction of the pearly gates and marvelling at
the workmanship. Bless him.
MM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 06:42:38 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Terry S" wrote in message
.. .
TV steeplejack Fred Dibnah, 66, has
lost his three-year fight against
cancer only weeks after filming his
final television series.

Bolton-born Mr Dibnah, who became an
unlikely celebrity, spurned treatment
to tour the UK on a traction engine as
part of a 12-part BBC Two series.

Mr Dibnah cancelled all engagements in
September after he was taken ill during
filming Made In Britain.

He died on Saturday surrounded by
friends and family at Bolton Hospice.

A lovely man was Freddie. Great mind he had for sorting problems out. Used
to like a natter and a drink with him. Very sad news indeed.

There is no one comparable waiting in the wings to take his place.
What is to happen with the plethora of traction engines and other
gadgetry that surrounded his home and his life? I didn't realise he
was so young. I thought he was past 70. A very great shame.

MM

IMM

"MM" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 06:42:38 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Terry S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

A part of the image was to dress Victorian/early 20th century, which made
hom look older. He is only around the age of John Lennon, although appeared
much older.