aris

Default Garden Hose Repair

Anyone know the best way to fix this?

It would seem that I could cut the hole out and re-attach the two
pieces of hose together - but if there is a more high-tech way to fix
a small hole, i'd like to hear about it.

Aris
raden

In message , aris
writes
Anyone know the best way to fix this?

It would seem that I could cut the hole out and re-attach the two
pieces of hose together - but if there is a more high-tech way to fix
a small hole, i'd like to hear about it.

Hose pipe joint ?

Nah - far too obvious

--
geoff
Ian Stirling

aris wrote:
Anyone know the best way to fix this?

It would seem that I could cut the hole out and re-attach the two
pieces of hose together - but if there is a more high-tech way to fix
a small hole, i'd like to hear about it.

Clean surface of hose.
Drill/punch small hole at puncture site.
Squeeze silicone sealant through puncture site, you want a blob inside.
Now, squeeze hose so that the blob is distributed around the inside of the
pipe.
Add more sealant to the outside of the pipe, a scrap of polythene over the
sealant, and garden wire over the lot.
Fill with water (not under pressure, and with slow flow) and you're done.
12 hours, and it should be set.
Alternatively, if a small leak isn't a problem, just do the second two,
but slightly tighter.

Peter Stockdale

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
.

Clean surface of hose.
Drill/punch small hole at puncture site.
Squeeze silicone sealant through puncture site, you want a blob inside.
Now, squeeze hose so that the blob is distributed around the inside of the
pipe.
Add more sealant to the outside of the pipe, a scrap of polythene over the
sealant, and garden wire over the lot.
Fill with water (not under pressure, and with slow flow) and you're done.
12 hours, and it should be set.
Alternatively, if a small leak isn't a problem, just do the second two,
but slightly tighter.

Don't quite see how you would drill/punch a small hole at puncture site.
I cannot see this being a reliable system for all hose materials at all
normal pressures.
The o.p. did not give the hose details so other replies, including mine have
tended to suggest employing tried and tested measures covering all
materials and pressures.

Pete