Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike Clarke

Default Starlock clips

I need to replace some missing clips which should be holding the glass
in place on my scanner. I think they are known as Starlock clips or
washers but they aren't the same as shakeproof washers. They look like
washers with 6 springy fingers on the inside which grip the outside of a
3/16 in dia. round pin. There's a picture at
http://milibyte.co.uk/clip.jpg. I only need 3 and the only source I
can find so far is RS (part no. 172-436) who sell them in bags of 50 and
have a 5 quid delivery charge.

I don't mind getting a bag of 50 if I have to but the extra fiver for
something that can be just dropped into an envelope and sent by post is
a bit OTT for this job. Anybody know where I can get these or something
similar in small numbers without having to pay high delivery costs?

--
Mike Clarke