Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
Is there any way that I can treat a whicker cat basket (carrying kind
not the for sleeping in kind)that has woodworm.
Failing there being a pet friendly treatment, can I treat it with ww
killer then age it for a few months.

Kevin

I saw a watchdog / house from hell program saying woodworm was dying out in
this country due to central heating making the house too dry for them. You
could try putting it in the airing cupboard for a week, see if they clear
off / die.

Have you seen any worms? The holes actually mean the woodworm has left the
furniture / floorboard.

Bob

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Bob Smith \(UK\)" bob@nospamplease writes:

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
Is there any way that I can treat a whicker cat basket (carrying kind
not the for sleeping in kind)that has woodworm.
Failing there being a pet friendly treatment, can I treat it with ww
killer then age it for a few months.

I saw a watchdog / house from hell program saying woodworm was dying out in
this country due to central heating making the house too dry for them. You
could try putting it in the airing cupboard for a week, see if they clear
off / die.

Have you seen any worms? The holes actually mean the woodworm has left the
furniture / floorboard.

Wickerwork is like a sponge to wordwoorm though.
One way to keep them under control when it was more of
a problem was to leave some wickerwork around for them
for a year, and then take it out and burn it at some
particular time of year which I forget.

Flea spray might work if applied a couple of times a year,
but you won't have a cat's chance in hell (literally) of
getting moggy in it after that;-) Like bob said, store
it in a warm/dry place too.

--
Andrew Gabriel
nightjar

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
Is there any way that I can treat a whicker cat basket (carrying kind
not the for sleeping in kind)that has woodworm.
Failing there being a pet friendly treatment, can I treat it with ww
killer then age it for a few months.

I used to have a woven cat basket, but when I replaced it with a plastic
box, the cat became far less stressed out travelling to the vets. She
apparently did not like the creaking noise the basket made.

Colin Bignell

Owain

"Bob Smith (UK)" wrote
| I saw a watchdog / house from hell program saying woodworm was
| dying out in this country due to central heating making the
| house too dry for them. You could try putting it in the airing
| cupboard for a week, see if they clear off / die.

What about freezing? Works for a lot of bugs.

Mind you, have to warm it up before inserting moggy!

Owain