rob_h20

Default Quick Tiling question

Hi,

I am going to tile a bathroom floor for the first time and need a bit of
advice, we are going to have a walk in shower enclosure eventually.

When tiling the floor do I need to put tiles where the shower enclosure is
going to be or do I just mark out where the enclosure is and not put tiles
there until the enclosure is in place and then finish the tiling off?

TIA

Wanderer

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:28:20 +0100, rob_h20 wrote:

Hi,

I am going to tile a bathroom floor for the first time and need a bit of
advice, we are going to have a walk in shower enclosure eventually.

When tiling the floor do I need to put tiles where the shower enclosure is
going to be or do I just mark out where the enclosure is and not put tiles
there until the enclosure is in place and then finish the tiling off?

Do you have the waste pipe for the shower below floor level? If not,
you'll probably have to sit the shower basin on a shallow plinth to
accomodate the waste pipe anyway.

Personally, I'd prefer to put the plinth straight onto the sub floor.
I took the floor tiles to the edge of the plinth and then brought wall
tiles down and along the edge of the plinth to the floor tiles.

--
wanderer at tesco dot net
rob_h20

"Wanderer" wrote in message
[...]