Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Paul S

Default Immmersion Heater Switch

I'm sure this can't be right.
The fused switch that controls my immersion heater is very hot.
I know that some heat will be generated in the cabling as the element gets
hotter, but the switch itself gets too hot to touch.
I've checked the connections inside the switch, and they all seem secure.
Does anyone have any other ideas why this switch is so hot?

Also, is it usual for an immersion heater circuit to be spurred off a ring
main, or should it be on it's own dedicated circuit wired with a higher
rated cable?

Thanks
Paul