Mo Thanku

Default Labor Cost for ....

I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for
1) Complete Tiling of bathroom floor and wall
2) Redecoration and Tiling Kitchen floor fixing wall cabinets and work
top
3) Replaster the Skimming landing ceiling and striping old wall paper
and putting up new one (Complete Redocration of Landing)
4) Lead flushing roof and re-pointing the chimney

This is the cost of labour only all material and ladder to be provided
by me.

I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound
reasonable? Is it cheap?
Many Thankse
Ash

"Mo Thanku" wrote in message
om...
I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for
1) Complete Tiling of bathroom floor and wall
2) Redecoration and Tiling Kitchen floor fixing wall cabinets and work
top
3) Replaster the Skimming landing ceiling and striping old wall paper
and putting up new one (Complete Redocration of Landing)
4) Lead flushing roof and re-pointing the chimney

This is the cost of labour only all material and ladder to be provided
by me.

I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound
reasonable? Is it cheap?
Many Thankse

I'm paying £1,600.00 labour only for stripping out a bathroom, floor to
ceiling tiling on all walls, floor tiling, fitting new suite and towel rad.

Ash

Jan Wysocki

On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:
I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for
1) Complete Tiling of bathroom floor and wall
2) Redecoration and Tiling Kitchen floor fixing wall cabinets and work
top
3) Replaster the Skimming landing ceiling and striping old wall paper
and putting up new one (Complete Redocration of Landing)
4) Lead flushing roof and re-pointing the chimney

This is the cost of labour only all material and ladder to be provided
by me.

I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound
reasonable? Is it cheap?

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal
d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?). You will need a platform
or multi-purpose ladder and, probably, an assistant, to repaper your landing

--
Jan
chris French

In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:
I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for
1) Complete Tiling of bathroom floor and wall
2) Redecoration and Tiling Kitchen floor fixing wall cabinets and work
top
3) Replaster the Skimming landing ceiling and striping old wall paper
and putting up new one (Complete Redocration of Landing)
4) Lead flushing roof and re-pointing the chimney

This is the cost of labour only all material and ladder to be provided
by me.

I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound
reasonable? Is it cheap?

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal
d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?).

Yes of course they are - but obviously the OP has decided for whatever
reason not to do the jobs themselves.

on the info here it sounds ok, possibly even on the cheap side. - best
way to judge reasonableness is to get some other quotes
--
Chris French, Leeds
Jan Wysocki

In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:

[snip -job spec.]

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal
d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?).

Yes of course they are - but obviously the OP has decided for whatever
reason not to do the jobs themselves.

It was just a gentle hint to the OP to ponder the nature of this
news group.

on the info here it sounds ok, possibly even on the cheap side. - best
way to judge reasonableness is to get some other quotes

So we agree, this is not a matter for the NG, it's time to get more quotes.

--
Jan

chris French

In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:

[snip -job spec.]

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal
d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?).

Yes of course they are - but obviously the OP has decided for whatever
reason not to do the jobs themselves.

It was just a gentle hint to the OP to ponder the nature of this
news group.

And a perusal of threads would soon indicate a steady flow of those
which aren't about diy. In the absence of a better newsgroups to post
them to I have no problem with that.

on the info here it sounds ok, possibly even on the cheap side. - best
way to judge reasonableness is to get some other quotes

So we agree, this is not a matter for the NG, it's time to get more quotes.

Not quite, I'm happy for this to be discussed here if other feel they
have something to add
--
Chris French, Leeds
raden

In message , Mo Thanku
writes
I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for
1) Complete Tiling of bathroom floor and wall
2) Redecoration and Tiling Kitchen floor fixing wall cabinets and work
top
3) Replaster the Skimming landing ceiling and striping old wall paper
and putting up new one (Complete Redocration of Landing)
4) Lead flushing roof and re-pointing the chimney

This is the cost of labour only all material and ladder to be provided
by me.

This is a DIY NG, so why don't you do it yourself

(with the possible exception of the skimming and chimney work)

--
geoff
raden

In message , chris French
writes
In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:
[...]

So why are they asking in a DIY NG ?

--
geoff
chris French

In message , raden
writes
In message , chris French
writes
In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:
I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for

snip
I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound
reasonable? Is it cheap?

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal
d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?).

Yes of course they are - but obviously the OP has decided for whatever
reason not to do the jobs themselves.

So why are they asking in a DIY NG ?

For the same reason I asked a question yesterday about warm air heating
- with absolutely no DIY content at all, for the same reason someone
else posted regarding a house price/buying question - diy content? -
Just two examples.

This group has lots of people with a wide variety of experience is
'housey/construction' matters and as a rule they are happy to share that
without nitpicking over whether or not something is strictly on topic
for 'diy'. If there was another newsgroup to cover such things then
there would eb an argument for directing them elsewhere, seeing as AFAIK
there isn't then uk.d-i-y seems a good place for them
--
Chris French, Leeds
raden

In message , chris French
writes
In message , raden
writes
In message , chris French
writes
In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
On 2004-10-15, Mo Thanku wrote:
I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does
it sound
£2,500.00 for

snip
I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound
reasonable? Is it cheap?

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal
d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?).

Yes of course they are - but obviously the OP has decided for
whatever reason not to do the jobs themselves.

So why are they asking in a DIY NG ?

For the same reason I asked a question yesterday about warm air heating
- with absolutely no DIY content at all, for the same reason someone
else posted regarding a house price/buying question - diy content? -
Just two examples.

I see the two as being very different