DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   External earth loop impedance (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/7319-external-earth-loop-impedance.html)

John Southern March 24th 04 07:03 PM

External earth loop impedance

I did a Ze test on my TNS installation last night and the reading was
..19 ohms is this a good or bad reading ? I think the max is .8 but my
regs book is with a friend at the moment.

Jon.

Wheelbarrowbob March 24th 04 09:25 PM

External earth loop impedance

If the cct you tested was circuit breaker protected by a 32 A mcb the value in
OSG for the Zs value is 1.2 so if you measure your R1 + R2 values and add to
your .19 I am sure you will be in spec

John Southern March 25th 04 07:49 PM

(Wheelbarrowbob) wrote in message ...
If the cct you tested was circuit breaker protected by a 32 A mcb the value in
OSG for the Zs value is 1.2 so if you measure your R1 + R2 values and add to
your .19 I am sure you will be in spec

Took the Zs reading at my main intake and the board is all type 1 MCBs
of 32,16 and 6 amps. I shall be doing my R1+R2 test shortly as i
meggered it all a while back and got 200Megs on each circuit.
Though it was time for a full test to BS7671 after all my minor works.
Thanks for the info matey

Jon.