Owain

Default New toy

"N. Thornton" wrote
| geoff wrote
| The problem occurs when something gets broken
| That and other issues will occur with any trading system. Just plan
| ahead - take a deposit for example.

The real problem occurs if someone gets injured using a borrowed tool. While
friends may agree not to sue over a bruised fingernail, if someone is
permanently disabled or unable to work for the rest of their life a
compensation claim could run into £000,000s.

Owain

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Owain" writes:
"N. Thornton" wrote
| geoff wrote
| The problem occurs when something gets broken
| That and other issues will occur with any trading system. Just plan
| ahead - take a deposit for example.

The real problem occurs if someone gets injured using a borrowed tool. While
friends may agree not to sue over a bruised fingernail, if someone is
permanently disabled or unable to work for the rest of their life a
compensation claim could run into £000,000s.

Strange I just came indoors and read this...
Just went out into the garden to use the 12lb fence post hammer I
bought from B&Q yesterday. On the third upswing, 12lb lump of
cast iron comes flying off and nearly shot over fence into neighbours
garden. Actually, it's still firmly attached to a short length of
the hickory handle, but the hickory has split right though.
Oh well, just finish me cup of tea, and it's back to B&Q.
At least they shouldn't have to ask what's wrong with it when I
get to the front of the queue at the returns desk ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
N. Thornton

"Owain" wrote in message ...
"N. Thornton" wrote
| geoff wrote

| The problem occurs when something gets broken

| That and other issues will occur with any trading system. Just plan
| ahead - take a deposit for example.

The real problem occurs if someone gets injured using a borrowed tool. While
friends may agree not to sue over a bruised fingernail, if someone is
permanently disabled or unable to work for the rest of their life a
compensation claim could run into £000,000s.

Yes good point. One of the law newsgroups might be able to tell us if
theres any way to forestall that, but on the face of it probably not.

Trading our boxfuls of bits shouldnt be so hazardous though. Should
it??

'Your honour I arranged all the screws upright on the chair, with the
6" coach screw in the middle, intending to study the differing pitches
of thread. Well as you know, my wife is no longer able to use the
toilet in the usual manner, and I blame the defendant for selling me
those perfectly good screws!'

Regards, NT