Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Wiring a two-way dimmer switch - am I dim?

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to wire up a two-way circuit
with a plate two way light switch and a push on/off, rotary two way
dimmer, so that either is able to turn off the light.

At the moment whichever switch turns on the light is the only one that
can switch it off.

The dimmer can always dim the light, regardless of how it was switched
on.

Is it possible to have either switch able to switch off the light,
even if it didn't switch it on?

The dimmer is at the 'remote' end of the circuit at the moment - in
other words it only has the red/yellow/blue cable going to it.
Does it need to be at the 'feed' end?

what terminals, do I need to put which cables in, on which switch?
I have tried various combinations to no avail :-(

Many thanks for any advice.

Remove NOSPAN to reply via email