On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:00:11 +0100,
wrote:

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to wire up a two-way circuit
with a plate two way light switch and a push on/off, rotary two way
dimmer, so that either is able to turn off the light.

At the moment whichever switch turns on the light is the only one that
can switch it off.

The dimmer can always dim the light, regardless of how it was switched
on.

Is it possible to have either switch able to switch off the light,
even if it didn't switch it on?

The dimmer is at the 'remote' end of the circuit at the moment - in
other words it only has the red/yellow/blue cable going to it.
Does it need to be at the 'feed' end?

what terminals, do I need to put which cables in, on which switch?
I have tried various combinations to no avail :-(

Many thanks for any advice.

Remove NOSPAN to reply via email

Many thanks to all who posted replies.

Fixed it!!!

Problem was due to L1,L2,L3 on each switch pointing to diffrent
terminals??? (both UK manufacturers to boot!)

Soo...

When I wired up correctly L1 to L1, etc it was wrong.
Solved it with aid of continuity tester.

Is there no standard in this? L1 and L3 were each's common?

Moral, don't take whats written as gospell.

Again, thanks a lot for your advice.

P/s anyone know of someone who could fit a mitred join to a worktop
for me in Redhill/Gatwick area? I would buy the tools and have a go
myself but it seems a waste for a one off.

Regards, Gerry.

Remove NOSPAN to reply via email