James

Default Brass door handle spring

I googled the group on this but found no solution mentioned.

Basically, I am looking for the round spring in an internal brass door
handle. It's 2 /12 turns, 22mm OD and made of 2mm wire. It has short
right angle turnouts on each end.

It seems like this frustrates a lot of people as the solution offered in
shops & sheds is to buy new handles.

Has anyone found a source for these springs so I don't have to get new
handles (or worse still new handles for every door in the house so they all
match!).

Thanks

Toby Sleigh

"James" wrote in message
I googled the group on this but found no solution mentioned.

Basically, I am looking for the round spring in an internal brass door
handle. It's 2 /12 turns, 22mm OD and made of 2mm wire. It has short
right angle turnouts on each end.

It seems like this frustrates a lot of people as the solution offered in
shops & sheds is to buy new handles.

Has anyone found a source for these springs so I don't have to get new
handles (or worse still new handles for every door in the house so they

all
match!).

Thanks

This is uk.d-i-y so try
http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/intro.html

Toby

James

Good website, thanks. I still hope someone might come up with a source for
the actual springs but if not I might give it a go!

This is uk.d-i-y so try
http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/intro.html

Toby

Harry Bloomfield

James wrote :
Good website, thanks. I still hope someone might come up with a source for
the actual springs but if not I might give it a go!

This is uk.d-i-y so try
http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/intro.html

Toby

I too have a brass door handle to replace, but I didn't find that URL
of much use....

Assuming can find a ready made spring, but it needs a little work
rebending it to suit the handle, how do I do it?

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Toby Sleigh

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
.uk...

I too have a brass door handle to replace, but I didn't find that URL
of much use....

Assuming can find a ready made spring, but it needs a little work
rebending it to suit the handle, how do I do it?

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

umm why not look at
http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/torsion.html

Toby

Lobster

"James" wrote in message ...
I googled the group on this but found no solution mentioned.

Basically, I am looking for the round spring in an internal brass door
handle. It's 2 /12 turns, 22mm OD and made of 2mm wire. It has short
right angle turnouts on each end.

How about an architectural salvage yard? You don't say how old your
handles are but anyway, our local one keeps them of all ages. Maybe
you could find a an old tatty but similar one to cannibalise, which
would avoid having to renew all of your handles?

David
Dave Plowman

In article ,
James wrote:
Basically, I am looking for the round spring in an internal brass door
handle. It's 2 /12 turns, 22mm OD and made of 2mm wire. It has short
right angle turnouts on each end.

It seems like this frustrates a lot of people as the solution offered in
shops & sheds is to buy new handles.

I suppose they may be needed with handles, but I took a load out of brass
knobs - they made them too stiff. The internal lock spring was more than
sufficient, if you took care in lining up the knobs.

--
*Just give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn