Ch1pstick

Default nice patient d.i.y person req

Please can anyone help? I am in dire need of a cupboard to hold my gas &
electric meter - after being let down by numerous joiners I have decided to
give it a go myself. I am not d.i.y minded in the slightest and haven't a clue
where to start so would appreciate any help you can offer! Height 40" Width 20"
Depth 18".

Melissa
G&M

"Ch1pstick" wrote in message
Please can anyone help? I am in dire need of a cupboard to hold my gas &
electric meter - after being let down by numerous joiners I have decided

give it a go myself. I am not d.i.y minded in the slightest and haven't a

clue
where to start so would appreciate any help you can offer! Height 40"

Width 20"
Depth 18".

For that sort of size, I'd go and measure up some 'off the shelf' kitchen
cupboards from Wickes or B&Q and see if one fits.

Harry Bloomfield

Ch1pstick laid this down on his screen :
Please can anyone help? I am in dire need of a cupboard to hold my gas &
electric meter - after being let down by numerous joiners I have decided to
give it a go myself. I am not d.i.y minded in the slightest and haven't a
clue where to start so would appreciate any help you can offer! Height 40"
Width 20" Depth 18".

Melissa

Go along to a kitchen unit manufacture with a tape measure and see what
sizes of wall cupboards they have on offer in their factory shop.
Standard width is 500mm, with none standards of 200mm, 300mm, 400mm and
600mm (external). Heights also vary, with 550mm seeming to be the
standard. Two 550 mounted one above the other would give you about 44"
or 43" internal.

Remove the back panels, add a bit of timber on the inside where the two
need to be joined, a bit of beading to cover on the joint on the
outside. The factory shop sells off the end of line items and
ex-display, thus they are much cheaper.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org