Ben Blaukopf

Default Kitchen design q's

I'm just looking for ideas or anything I've missed here....

Kitchen layout is 2m38 x 2m67.

ABC
A C -external wall
A C

The sink is on wall B in the middle, there's a gas meter
on the corner of B and C with an airvent. The airvent is
shared by the bathroom fan duct which runs along the top
of wall B, but I'm going to reroute this out through the
loft (and soil pipe, to be capped with an air admittance
valve).

The gas bayonet fitting is on wall A - the only external
wall is C. I'd like to add a hood, but the run to the
external wall will be about 3.5m with 1 90deg bend
and some more mangling where it gets close to wall A
A google o n uk.d-i-y suggests that a typical maximum
length is 2.5m without any bends. We need to use
rectangular ducting to fit over the top of the wall units.
Could I survive with a long duct

I could get someone to move the gas point [1] and put
the cooker and hood on the adjacent wall (B)to the
window. That would be a run of less than a metre to
the external wall. That's where the sink is, but I'd like
to move the sink onto wall C anyway to be by the
window. However, the pipes will then have to run
behind the cooker. Is it okay to run upvc drainage
pipes behind a cooker? It's not clear to me in any
case that there's an easy way to make them fit!

Alternatively, could I run the hood ducting vertical
up, into the ceiling (and roofspace) and then
horizontally over the top of the kitchen and out through
the soffits somehow? Alternatively, 2.5m would get me
up to the roof, so can I go straight up and out?

[1] Well, cap it off, and install a new point tee-ed off near the gas meter.