Richard

Default Removal of Wall Part 2

Hi All

Well Ive dug my footings ready for the concrete bases to be laid to
support some steel posts which will support my RSJ, and I've propped
my load baring wall with 3 acros + strong boys. I'm just about to
remove the wall but am a bit hesitant, will 3 acros be enough? I have
a 10ft opening and have put one acro one side of the wall onto the
ground under the floorboards and have 2 the other side one directlty
supporting an existing RSJ which terminated on this wall and the other
about 3 ft next to it. I have spread the load for these two acros on
an old thick worktop. I have tightened my props so I cannot budge them
unless I hit them with a club hammer, should that be engough? The
building control guy came and said it looked ok but all he was
concerned about was the footings for the new arch way!!!

Any comments on this? should I add one more the other side?

Cheers

Richard