Nuttie Nannie

Default tiles

can anyone help please I want to lay slate tiles on a very firm flat wood
floor what sort of adhesive and grout would I need also would I need to
treat the tiles with anything the tiles I was thinking of getting are from
homebase, thank you nuttynana

G&M

"Nuttie Nannie" wrote in message
can anyone help please I want to lay slate tiles on a very firm flat wood
floor what sort of adhesive and grout would I need also would I need to
treat the tiles with anything the tiles I was thinking of getting are from
homebase, thank you nuttynana

First thing I would ask is is this a suspended wooden floor and how heavy
are the tiles. It is quite easy to exceed the rated loading of the joists
underneath if it is.

The Natural Philosopher

G&M wrote:

"Nuttie Nannie" wrote in message

can anyone help please I want to lay slate tiles on a very firm flat wood
floor what sort of adhesive and grout would I need also would I need to
treat the tiles with anything the tiles I was thinking of getting are from
homebase, thank you nuttynana

First thing I would ask is is this a suspended wooden floor and how heavy
are the tiles. It is quite easy to exceed the rated loading of the joists
underneath if it is.

Most fllors take thimgs like pianos and even water tanks and baths wich
are a lot heavier than slate of 5mm thickness etc.

Flooring slate is not that heavy, but any flexing will break the bond
and lead to lifting tiles.

I have used Ardurit flaxible tile adhesive over chip flooring. It has a
little give.

Effect is very nice.
G&M

G&M wrote:

"Nuttie Nannie" wrote in message

can anyone help please I want to lay slate tiles on a very firm flat

wood
floor what sort of adhesive and grout would I need also would I need to
treat the tiles with anything the tiles I was thinking of getting are

from
homebase, thank you nuttynana

First thing I would ask is is this a suspended wooden floor and how

heavy
are the tiles. It is quite easy to exceed the rated loading of the

joists
underneath if it is.

Most fllors take thimgs like pianos and even water tanks and baths wich
are a lot heavier than slate of 5mm thickness etc.

Not in older houses. Putting a new bathroom in upstairs with complete
disregard for joist loadings is far too commonplace.