Mike Barnard

Default Tiling a floor and using Hardibacker500. Any tips?

Hi.

Will be doing my bathroom floor next week and the boards are thin.
I've bought some of this hardibacker board, a cement style board, but
wonder if there's any tricks in using it?

How should it be best secured? Nailed? Screwed? Glued?

Best sealer to apply before tile adhesive?

Best way to make a good 'joint' with the landing floor? Thickness of
this, adhesive and tiles will make about an inch step into the
bathroom.

Any other tips? Thanks.

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]
EricP

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:41:05 +0100, Mike Barnard
wrote:

Hi.

Will be doing my bathroom floor next week and the boards are thin.
I've bought some of this hardibacker board, a cement style board, but
wonder if there's any tricks in using it?

How should it be best secured? Nailed? Screwed? Glued?

Best sealer to apply before tile adhesive?

Best way to make a good 'joint' with the landing floor? Thickness of
this, adhesive and tiles will make about an inch step into the
bathroom.

Any other tips? Thanks.

http://www.ontariotile.com/cbuhardibacker.html

Best of luck

Mike Barnard

wrote:

Hi.

Will be doing my bathroom floor next week and the boards are thin.
I've bought some of this hardibacker board, a cement style board, but
wonder if there's any tricks in using it?

How should it be best secured? Nailed? Screwed? Glued?

Best sealer to apply before tile adhesive?

Best way to make a good 'joint' with the landing floor? Thickness of
this, adhesive and tiles will make about an inch step into the
bathroom.

Any other tips? Thanks.

http://www.ontariotile.com/cbuhardibacker.html

Best of luck

Approved fasteners are Minimum 1-1/4" long corrosion-resistant roofing
nails (OR) minimum 1-1/4" No. 8 by 0.323" head diameter ribbed counter
sinking head, corrosion-resistant screws.

Thanks, thats what I needed!