MrMark

Default Combi Boiler advise required... Help!!!

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the existing conventional boiler with a new combi
boiler to save space.

The house has three bedrooms, 7 rads in total, and 1 bathroom.

I'm looking for a mid range boiler, with descent performance. I have looked
at Biasi, Baxi, Ideal etc...

What I need to know is what are the key things to look for when buying and
where is the best place to buy???

Thanks in advance.

MrMark

Andy Hall

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:29:21 GMT, "MrMark" wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the existing conventional boiler with a new combi
boiler to save space.

The house has three bedrooms, 7 rads in total, and 1 bathroom.

I'm looking for a mid range boiler, with descent performance. I have looked
at Biasi, Baxi, Ideal etc...

What I need to know is what are the key things to look for when buying and
where is the best place to buy???

Thanks in advance.

MrMark

Please look back at previous threads.

Before doing anything, check the mains water flow rate to avoid
disappointment. A minimum of 20 litres per minute is needed to get
reasonable performance.

Decent performance starts at 13-15 litres per minute from a combi for
the environment that you describe, more would be better.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"MrMark" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking to replace the existing conventional boiler with a new combi
boiler to save space.

The house has three bedrooms, 7 rads in total, and 1 bathroom.

I'm looking for a mid range boiler, with descent performance. I have

looked
at Biasi, Baxi, Ideal etc...

What I need to know is what are the key things to look for when buying and
where is the best place to buy???

Thanks in advance.

MrMark

Look at current thread named "Combi fans: is bigger better".

Christian McArdle

I'm looking for a mid range boiler, with descent performance. I have
looked at Biasi, Baxi, Ideal etc...

Make sure it is condensing and at least 28kW, preferably more.

Good midrange makes with good condensing products include:

Ideal.
Worcester Bosch.
Vaillant.

There are others. I believe even Glowworm are slowly recovering their
reputation with their latest models.

Christian.

IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
I'm looking for a mid range boiler, with descent performance. I have
looked at Biasi, Baxi, Ideal etc...

Make sure it is condensing and at least 28kW, preferably more.

Good midrange makes with good condensing products include:

Ideal.
Worcester Bosch.
Vaillant.

There are others. I believe even Glowworm are slowly recovering their
reputation with their latest models.

Glow Worm is very good. They are owned by Vaillant using Vaillant parts
inside.