EricP

Default Earth bonding in a bathroom

My pipework is metal and is bonded at the sink in the kitchen but not
upstairs in the bathroom. Plastic bath, no electrical outputs in the
bathroom except lights (Pull cord) and a shaver socket (Usual BS type)

Having the way open to put cable in, I wish to take a cable upstairs
and bond the bathroom pipes.

What size of cable would be recommended?
Dave Stanton

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:35:43 +0000, EricP wrote:

My pipework is metal and is bonded at the sink in the kitchen but not
upstairs in the bathroom. Plastic bath, no electrical outputs in the
bathroom except lights (Pull cord) and a shaver socket (Usual BS type)

Having the way open to put cable in, I wish to take a cable upstairs
and bond the bathroom pipes.

What size of cable would be recommended?

Have you looked at previous threads on here,concerning this subject ?
Its been covered in detail.

Dave

EricP

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:07:44 +0100, Dave Stanton
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:35:43 +0000, EricP wrote:

My pipework is metal and is bonded at the sink in the kitchen but not
upstairs in the bathroom. Plastic bath, no electrical outputs in the
bathroom except lights (Pull cord) and a shaver socket (Usual BS type)

Having the way open to put cable in, I wish to take a cable upstairs
and bond the bathroom pipes.

What size of cable would be recommended?

Have you looked at previous threads on here,concerning this subject ?
Its been covered in detail.

Dave

Nothing was apparent in the number of posts I have downloaded, or I
wouldn't have bothered to ask.

Following your generous pointer, I will set the browser up to load the
rest of the stuff in and begin searching.

Thanks.

Andy Wade

EricP wrote:

Nothing was apparent in the number of posts I have downloaded, or I
wouldn't have bothered to ask.

You'll find lots if you search in Google Groups. Also have a look at
http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/NL139supp.pdf

Briefly, you don't have to bring in an earth from outside (unless the
rising water main in in the bathroom in question). Supplementary
bonding in a bathroom is about connecting certain accessible exposed
metalwork together, so that dangerous 'touch voltages' can't arise.

The size of wire you're most likely to need is 4mm^2.

--
Andy
EricP

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:22:39 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

EricP wrote:

Nothing was apparent in the number of posts I have downloaded, or I
wouldn't have bothered to ask.

You'll find lots if you search in Google Groups. Also have a look at
http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/NL139supp.pdf

Briefly, you don't have to bring in an earth from outside (unless the
rising water main in in the bathroom in question). Supplementary
bonding in a bathroom is about connecting certain accessible exposed
metalwork together, so that dangerous 'touch voltages' can't arise.

The size of wire you're most likely to need is 4mm^2.

Thanks Andy. )

Further Earth Bonding questions [email protected] UK diy 34 September 15th 04 08:49 AM
Repairing Lightning Damaged Tv's CJ Electronics Repair 20 June 22nd 04 06:03 AM
Earth Bonding Water Heater Doctor D. UK diy 7 March 20th 04 09:19 PM
Earth bonding cable? Jeff UK diy 7 February 7th 04 07:34 AM
Earth bonding queries Lobster UK diy 20 January 31st 04 08:54 AM